Rainbow Fish

Steve C

Dec 14, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Rainbowfishes ~ Their Care & Keeping in Captivity
Adrian R. Tappin

Rainbowfishes ~ Their Care & Keeping in Captivity is a comprehensive and illustrated guide to the remarkable rainbowfishes found in Australia and New Guinea. It is an indispensable reference manual for anyone interested in keeping rainbowfishes in captivity. The book provides a tremendous amount of information for anyone from beginner to experienced keeper on just about everything needed to keep and breed rainbowfishes successfully. Detailed easy to follow sections guide the reader through all aspects of their care and keeping in captivity. The information provided covers topics such as distribution, habitats, collecting, shipping, keeping and caring, how to successfully breed and raise rainbowfishes, foods and feeding, disease treatment and prevention, and much more. A comprehensive illustrated species section is also provided.

This book is in PDF format and is available as a FREE download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehmtjmkdkww

This is worth looking at just for the quality of the photos

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Dylanlovesplecs brilliant, a fantastic find even if you aren't interested in Rainbows. Written by an expert, its got a whole big section on diseases, water quality, foods (including culturing live food), an exhaustive species inventory with pictures of the habitat etc. in fact fantastic piccies all round, sheer quality.
cheers Darrel

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Rainbows are great fish to keep they show fantastic behavioural observations you need atleast 2 pairs and if you can get the tank to receive natural morning sunlight the males will give the most amazing ventral display everyday.

I recently bought some rainbows that I though as a child I would never even see - I only ever saw them in Axelrods mini atlas about 20yrs ago - Glossolepsis wannamensis

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=glossolepis+wanamensis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=-bmvS4H_G4fW4gaIwvW0Dw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA8QsAQwAA

Wow, can wait for them to start maturing.