sexing L260

I

intrepidmax

I hate to say this but IMO (which aint worth much anyway lol) I think they both look like males, really good condition though and lovely fish.

I

intrepidmax

come to think about it...the shorter one with the fatter tail (looks like a stubbier shorter fish) (2nd pic) could possibly be a female...possibly...but I would like to hold judgement until a few of the specailists take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
ive looked and looked at them and i really aint sure lol :wb:

both fish are very plump but neither are very hair on the pectorls, chew or body but both have quite thick pectorals so im really not sure :huh:

we shall soon find out when i get some females to go with them anyway :)

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
i would have thought that with hips like that, fish no.2 has to be a female:dk:
Just the angle.

I would love to see some side shots of these fish as they didnt seem to show the white lines as much as a true arabesque. Could have been the shop lighting though;)

Cheers

thegeeman

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Just the angle.

I would love to see some side shots of these fish as they didnt seem to show the white lines as much as a true arabesque. Could have been the shop lighting though;)

Cheers

thegeeman
thats cause they have yellow lines not white :p

and before you say it, they are L260 not L411 :yes:

I

intrepidmax

Im not sure they are 260 to be honest I think they are 411 pmsflllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

only joking, they are nice fish kev. I have a wild pair on the way and a few young I cant wait.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
we will see once settled but im going with L260 and i dont care what anyone else says haha, best not be 411 pmsl

I

intrepidmax

I have the strangest feeling your running out of tank space...? I think It could be time to turn your garage into a fish house....lol.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
ive looked and looked at them and i really aint sure lol :wb:

both fish are very plump but neither are very hair on the pectorls, chew or body but both have quite thick pectorals so im really not sure :huh:

we shall soon find out when i get some females to go with them anyway :)
Have to agree, i think they are both female. at that size you should be seeing some serious chew.

I

intrepidmax

Just a Q.

why didnt you buy the 2 fems Gee was selling? that way you could have been sure that you had fems.

I cant believe I missed that sale....doh.