- Make sure you have an ID of your plec to ensure the correct dietary needs are met.
- A varied diet of veg+fruit is needed so that nutritional needs are fulfilled.
- Don't forget to include algae wafers, meat, and wood depending on species of plec.
- If you put in anything that contains the skin or rind be sure to scrub it first to get rid of any pesticides.
this is a list of vegetables and fruit that are popular with most plecs. (Thank you to everyone on PF who voted in the veggie poll and all the input)
- Peas (deshelled)
- Sweet Potato
- Green Beans
- Melon/Melon rind
OTHER VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
- Apple( doesn't seem to be too popular)
- Aubergine/Egg plant
- Broad Beans
- Butternut Squash+ other squash
- Capsicum/Bell pepper(not the hot ones)
- Kale/Collard Greens
- Kiwi Fruit
- Lima Beans
- Mushroom (common plecs and goldspots love mushroom)let it float,they will reach it.
SUGGESTIONS FOR WEIGHING DOWN VEG
Stainless Steel spoon(push the spoon through the veg)
- Stainless Steel fork(there have been suggestions that plecs have hurt themselves on the prongs of forks, use at your own risk)
- A rubber band/rock
- Suction capped Veggie clip (fish shops usually sell these)
Link to online shop Screwcumber