LDA72

leej24

Apr 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi all,

I recently purchased some LDA72 (WC out of Colombia). I know that both males and females can have bristles and I've had plenty of experience with bristlenose but this species (or at least the ones I have) have more bristles than normal (at least the "females" do).

Now for those who have had these before, do the females have more bristles than "normal" female bristlenose? Does anyone have pictures of their LDA72s?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Hi there
This is a similar quest to my own add I think I have a Columbian bn but can't confirm it.the problem being I can't find any non-repetitive information about them which revolves around the basics!
I hope you find the answer to you question and maybe a little more.
May I ask where you got them from?
Respect
Cc

leej24

Apr 2, 2010
Wisconsin
HI Cc,

I got them from aquaticclarity.com He doesn't live too far from me. He usually brings in wild fish every 3-4 months. He has a list of fish he can get and if there's enough people interested in a particular fish he brings it in.

I bought 4 from him. Two of them I know are males for sure, but the other two I don't know the sex of them. All four of them are the same size. The two that I think are females have more bristles than a usual female bristlenose. I just hope I don't end up with 4 males.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
helllllllo all

I was chatting with a fellow nut case and he has delt with these babies and said that they are just like common bn's . The females will have small bristles (stubble) but will not have any up the middle like males do.

BB is right though a picture is the best thing to confirm what yours are!

respect
cc

leej24

Apr 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks all! I appreciate your responses!!!

I suppose I have two males. The one in which I thought was female has small nubs up into the nose area. Oh poop! I had 4 originally but two died within 2 days of me getting them.

:)

leej24

Apr 2, 2010
Wisconsin
what are their sizes and why not post pics of them for us to see and maybe judge ? cheers jk :thumbup:

Both of them are 4". I'm going with 2 males :cry: I keep plenty of bristlenose but I thought this species may be a bit different.

Last edited:

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
I always import a box of these with each Colombian import the females do tend to have more bristles than standard common bn but all around the nose end the males have a crest of bristles which goes from nose end all the way up the head - hope this helps

leej24

Apr 2, 2010
Wisconsin
I always import a box of these with each Colombian import the females do tend to have more bristles than standard common bn but all around the nose end the males have a crest of bristles which goes from nose end all the way up the head - hope this helps
Thanks! Both of them do have bristles up the nose.