Sex ratio of leopards...

anfo

Nov 9, 2010
sydney, Australia
Hi all,

I have 10x 134's I would like to know how many males/females there are...

They're mostly around the 7-7.5cm mark with a couple bigger and a couple smaller...

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
second picture bottom left is a female.
It is a pity that you do not get individual shots from above with a white background from each fish.
Some fish have the mouths on the side, thus hard to judge with the angle of the photo and I find others a littl small etc.
Could you not take pics from above ? Each fish ?
cheers but it does seem you have a mix. sorry not more I can tell you. cheers jk :thumbup:

anfo

Nov 9, 2010
sydney, Australia
Yeah I know I should've taken individual shots but I thought 10 photos would've made this thread 'pic heavy'... I did however put A4 paper under it.

I'll try and get some more pics of them individually and in the meant time, anyone else want to have a shot at sexing these?

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
not being in focus makes it hard to see if the tail has hairs etc. so also need them in focus. cheers jk :thumbup:

anfo

Nov 9, 2010
sydney, Australia
Wild guess, top pic, male left, maybe female right, second pic maybe female, female and male. Third pic Nice female at top, female, male? and female, last maybe female.
So it's female heavy???

I know you're just guessing atm as my photos arent the best but it's a good sign!!!

Will try and pull these buggers out of the 6x2x2 and take individual shots as advised by the bigbird...

anfo

Nov 9, 2010
sydney, Australia
There's a total of 11 in a 6x2x2... Would it be better for me to leave them in there or I have a standard 6 footer available for them aswel...

I was thinking to move them into the standard 6 but thought i would ask first...

Thanks.