L number ID help

Fishking

Jan 15, 2013
High wycombe
Hi just wondering would anyone know what type of L number this might be? I know he is a male, from the hair on his tail and that he is fanning all the time so I wanna get him a female but I don't know what L number it is?

I hope someone out there will know what there looking at thanks so much for reading

Attachments

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
202 cross with something or 002 poss cross with something like 397 ? . Can you get us more detailed photos.? Cheers jk :thumbup:

Last edited:

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
I dont think it is an L002, the head is right but the pattern is wrong, the stripes should be more uniform, It could be a hybrid L002 and yellow L333?

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
202 or 002 poss cross. Can you get us more detailed photos.? Cheers jk :thumbup:
i doubt they would cross BB as one is panaqolus and one is peckoltia...

i was doing a bit of research and it seems what used to be L202 tiger pleco (panaque) is now L226 tiger pleco (panaqolus)

so going back and looking at the pics again its a dead certain tiger pleco = L226 :)

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i wrote the mail wrong, was more talking about a 002 cross. Anyway if it is an L226, then indeed that is a good buy, not many I have seen. cheers jk :thumbup:

Fishking

Jan 15, 2013
High wycombe
I only paid $25 bucks for the big fella what's a L226 worth and or where I could prossily buy a nice size female

Last edited:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
thats about all a male is worth.... prob looking at couple hundred bucks for a female....

when asking for a female quote its a tiger pleco that used to be L202 but has now changed to L226 as a lot of people maybe unaware of this change as i was... it seems panaque has been substituted for panaquolus... i mean vice versa... panaque has disappeared....