Under gravel filter system powered by 400lph air pump
Lots of slate, caves & a bit of bogwood
7.3PH
300ppm TDS
Temp 28-30C
15-25% daily water changes. Gravel Vac & filter clean every 3-4 weeks
8 Adult L411, 3 male 5 females
6 Corydoras Panda

The group has been back together for about 2 months now after being split up for a few months previously, they are currently on the 6th spawn in the 2 months. As soon as the fry are removed from the Alpha males cave he has another female trapped and spawns almost straight away.

Full Tank picture
DSC_0434.jpg

Eggs in tumbler
DSC_0416.jpg

Fry just hatched
DSC_0424.jpg

Fry around 4 days old
DSC_0449.jpg

Fry around 10 days old
DSC_0457.jpg

Adult female after a session with the Alpha male
DSC_0445.jpg

Some of the larger fry caught during a full tank clean
DSC_0472.jpg

st24rsap

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
one tip for peope with similar set ups that use fine gravel and undergravel filters ............ keep a very very close eye on nitrates :hmm:

over the last week i have lost around 30 fry, day by day just started going white and dieing off. i was doing water changes as usual, small gravel vacs etc and couldnt figure it out untill i checked the stats. ammonia and nitrite were fine but nitrate was off the chart. so today i removed the substrate and lifted the UG filter, there must have been a half inch layer of waste food and muck below it :wb:

so now the tanks bare bottom and needs some serious water changes over the next few days to bring the levels back down. fingers crossed all the adults in the tank will be ok just a bit stressed from todays events

:crying:
st24rsap

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
well after stressing all the L411 out totally today with removing all the substrate and UG filter i have to say i was pretty shocked when i went to do my nightly feed on all the tanks and noticed my Alpha male has a female trapped

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
well after stressing all the L411 out totally today with removing all the substrate and UG filter i have to say i was pretty shocked when i went to do my nightly feed on all the tanks and noticed my Alpha male has a female trapped
:woohoo:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
yeah hopefully i wont loose the fry this time now the nitrates are on the way down

also did a big change around in my L066 breeding tank earlier. changed layout and big RO water change and have a trapping there as well

fingers crossed