July POTM

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
its that time again folks so get the cameras out.
this month, we want to see your best "common" plec photo's, any Pterygoplichthys species will count as "commons" for this one, so lets see some of those tank busters out there.
Only one entry per person please and try to make sure that you have uploaded your pic to your PP gallery and post it from there.
All entries can be posted on this thread and will be accepted up until 24th July, then the winner will be decided by a poll ran for 1 week at the end of the month.

as always, there are prizes to be won, the winner will recieve a twin pack of screwcumbers courtesy of opti-fish

Good luck to all

PLECS INCLUDED ARE
Sailfins/gibbys(pterygoplichthys gibbiceps)
Goldspots (Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus)
Common plec( Pterygoplichthys pardalis and Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus)
Ranger pleco(Pterygoplichthys punctatus)
plus a few others

Catfishman

May 19, 2010
Texas
My Entry :D And can if I get a better picture can I change it? He has his sail up and then down when I took the picture of him. So if I get the sail up may I chage it.

Thanks

(Common) Type not sure....

Attachments

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
And the BN's?

Just Pterygoplichthys this time round.

For anyone that doesn't know, included in this family are

plus a few others

Roo

Jul 12, 2010
UK
Here's my effort.

Mr Pterygoplichthys pardalis sulking with me. I would have better pictures, but daughter has pinched camera to go on holiday with :lol:

Are videos allowed lol I've got some great videos of him eating!

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
its that time again folks so get the cameras out.
this month, we want to see your best "common" plec photo's, any Pterygoplichthys species will count as "commons" for this one, so lets see some of those tank busters out there.
Only one entry per person please and try to make sure that you have uploaded your pic to your PP gallery and post it from there.
All entries can be posted on this thread and will be accepted up until 24th July, then the winner will be decided by a poll ran for 1 week at the end of the month.

as always, there are prizes to be won, the winner will recieve a twin pack of screwcumbers courtesy of opti-fish

Good luck to all

PLECS INCLUDED ARE
plus a few others
I can hear you all complaining that "I don't have them ones to take photos of".
Do you read anywhere above where it says you actually have to own the fish itself? It does have to be your own photo but not necessarily your own fish.

I took my camera to my lfs on a quiet day with no other customers in the store and the shop attendant and I had a fantastic time taking photos of all the fish in the store. He even opened the lids of some tanks and chased the fish around a bit so they would pose for my camera. :thumbup:

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
This is a common I used to own a few years back. I could never think of a good name for him so he was called Pending