3 hypans to ID

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Ok, any chance for more photos from side and top.
What I find strange is that all 3 from top have the same verticle line behind the head, possibly indicating same L, but different patterns. cheers jk :thumbup:

windy

Apr 24, 2009
cardiff
what size are they
they look a bit on the thin side so feed them up for a month or 2
then post up new pics

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Wow aint easy, still think all three the same. Where did you get them or what did they tell you about these Ls at the LFS ? cheers jk :thumbup:
400 or 174 mmmmm

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
I will feed them up and post pics again in a few months, thank you !

They are supposed to be L174's. I can see one L174, not at all sure about the other two.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
ok so we will wait for 2-3months. Feed em up and take more shots. Will be interesting to see what the groups finally thinks. cheers jk :thumbup:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
They are Hypans Elaine:yes: Not sure why everyone reckons that one is a L174 as all of them have the same size eye...........or I really do need to go to spec savers:yes:. I have loads of "400,s" at various ages and they massivley vary in pattern BUT they look pretty much like yours.

You must have a serious stash of sp by now.

Cheers

thegeeman

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
I have both species here at home.
I can say with 99% sure that these are all L174. They look very thin and need some good feeding. The pattern on L174 can be different. I have some here wich are spotted but also have some that show some lines. The most accurate way to say these are L174 is by the head and eyes. Head is short (L400 has a longer head) and they have little blue-ish eyes (L400 has large and darker eyes). Also the TL of the fish separates them from L400. L174 stay very small!

Nice buy :thumbup:
And if you don't want them you can send them to me :D:D Just kidding :)