4 footer geos and pseudas

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
Those are some nice Geophagus, how do they fare without a substrate? The Pseudas are a little distracting! What do you have in there?

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
yeah i had a massive snail problem and also wanted to change substrate so got rid of it all, geos are new arrivals so will deffo put some sand down for them, although im holding out as im supposed to be moving any time soon and would rather no have the hassle of moving the substrate. i think in the shot you can see a couple of L24's a 273, my smaller 114, my largest 25(super red 7points) but also have a 97 which is stunning! another 25 and a larger 114. a bit crowded but everyone seems happy and misses has agreed on an 8 footer when we move!

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
8ft sounds very nice, I bet you'd love to see that full of Pseudas, although in the current climate thats easy said than done. What are your Pseudas like activity wise? Since I've had my small L273 (about 13cm) it's always been reluctant to come out.

I've got a hankering for a 200x100x50cm tank (or something like that), so I can try and pair/comm some big Royals. And try something completely new my 120x60x45cm tank.

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
theyre pretty good especially around feeding time, 273 is probably my shyest though. moved the tank around last week and and seen it more often Recently. i does stay in its hiding spot most of the time but its hiding spot seems to be in open veiw now.
you should defo get the new tank!nwhat you planning for the current one?

Last edited: