A question about wormer plus

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I understand that wormer plus biodegrades and is neutralised, so I was wondering how long that takes? How long before I can put some shrimp in? Should I run some carbon and do a big water change just to be sure? I used it about 2 weeks ago.

Cheers

Angela

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Not sure how long it takes, i always used with shrimp in and they were fine although there have been occasional reports of shrimp wipeouts.

If you are worried then do a water change and add some carbon for 24 hrs.

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I just got an email from Chris at Plymouth Discus and problem is solved. Wormer plus completely biodegrades by day 4 so it's safe to return snails and invertabrates after that. Jozeb's tells me she uses it with shrimp with no problems anyway!

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
well there ya go then lol, plymouth discus are a cool shop, its where i got my wormer plus from a couple of years ago.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
yes i bought some from them too.
I am just getting round to trying it in a few tanks.
I removed most of the shrimp and apple snails as a precaution just in case. the few I left in cos could not get them all! - seem to be swimming about quite happy. I suspect maby some baby ones may not have made it -not sure. snails seem fine too.
I was hoping to kill some of the mts snail but again, maybe the babies dies but there are still plenty at 1 cm I can see. also the planaria are still there (rats!- they are the prime reason I am using it!) I am hoping that perhaps the babies have died and the larger ones will go with a second dose later.
BUT the sterbai cories went nutty on day 2 and laid eggs everywhere!! so cant dose again for few weeks to give the cory fry a chance to survive!

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
well I did a big clean and w/c on one of the treated tanks (at day 6) to find some of the MTS were dead,
a golden apple snail that got left in there had died and I could not see any obvious planaria!:clap: (which I could see on day 2)
could not route about too much as did not want to disturb the plecs too much.
the lep frogs had eaten all the cory eggs but they are laying again today so have put a few in a fry saver and hope they are fertile.

another tank still has live snails, so maybe I mixed it weaker for that one. its hard to dose exactly right as I dare not do too stong and cant calulate the water volume exactly cos of amount of wood, etc in the tank.
anyway its def good stuff, so will do some more!:D

antoncook

Oct 18, 2009
essex
hi there ppl...

im just about to post one of two treatments for the dreaded callamanus worms, and would like to put my two pence worth in...the second test im doin is on wormer plus...i have also spoke to chris at PD and his advice is to 'double dose' and normally 4-5 weeks..its for the long haul GG...this is ongoing with me even as we speak...chris has also asked me to take some pics for him..whitch i will email over after treatment is done...please read my thread entitled 'Callamanus Worm Treatment please read if u have a worm problem.pix inc '.....and leave any views... ANTON...