Advice needed please

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Advice needed please On tank conversion and opinion on size for plecs

I currently have a 184cm long x 36cm wide x 63cm high and the glass is 8mm thick !

I am planning to keep 3 different types of plecos for breeding purposes!

I was thinking of dividing the tank into 3 sections so I could keep them all in one tank !

now all i need from you guys is to tell me is it worth my time to remove 1 disply side get it cut and then I’ll stick it on the top/ lid side making the tank 184lx63wx36h then splitting it in to 3 sectons?

Would this process be not worth the effort?

Plus could it be a risk, As in the tank leaking or braking?
I’m not worried about the look of the tank so if there is a heap of cyclone, I don’t care. but if I come home and all the fish are dead and my office at home is flooded :wb::wb: this is a problem !

okay right now I have 5peppermints that I’ll keep till i replace them with another Lno' that I decide on I also have 4-5abnlf that are breeding already and 1L168 that I’m planning to get 2 more of

I’m only planning to keep trios of each plec
The abnlf are only a part of the others to trigger breeding

Any all suggestions or info regarding this is much appreciated and needed
thank you all in advanced

Last edited:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i know it 's along post alot to read just wanted to make sure that you knew everything i was thinking !
is a 2x2 foot tank okay for most small "12cm max" pleco?
if not il probably end up spliting the 6 into 2 sectons

Kingtiger

May 4, 2009
Sydney Parramatta
Well it is a tough call mate. I breed my smaller panaque and smaller hypancistrus in a 1.5ft x 14 x 18 tank and they seem happy. Some ppl will tell you the bigger the foot print the better but in my opinion water quality is most important. Here is a my setup at my old place. The tank is 3ft divided in the middle left a Hyapn and right is Peckoltia species.

Both tanks running Eheim 2213 and sponge filter to obtain maximium water quality.

As for the tank, if you have it professionally done then I wouldn't worry too much but a DIY I would take out home content insurance before doing anything....lol.

Cheers