Algal pellets

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Ok, tryed a small bit last night with there normal food,before lights out,and they all went mad for it. Eat it first before there normal food.

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
I had a sample of it from my Lfs, The pellets are quite soft so you can squeeze them together if you want into a clump if you have a strong current in your tank.
My fish ate them but not any different to their normal food.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
My only concern would be with the ingredients. There isn't a listing on the website but it does state its designed for herbivorous marine fish. These foods can tend to have a bit more meaty items than do the freshwater foods.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
My only concern would be with the ingredients. There isn't a listing on the website but it does state its designed for herbivorous marine fish. These foods can tend to have a bit more meaty items than do the freshwater foods.
If thre is more meaty bits then my L134 should like them.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
If thre is more meaty bits then my L134 should like them.
True. But the question is how much more?
Many brands of "algae" wafers only contain a trace amount of algae, even reputable brands like Hikari. If you look at the list of ingredients for Hikari, the first 5 or so are animal based. Might not be a problem with this brand but just something to consider.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Ok cheers lornek8,it was only a small sample. Ok for around 10 feedings.
And they only get feed 3x a week,small amounts.
Not sure if my L134 got any cos my 6 neons went nuts for them.
Will keep an eye on them, maybe email the makers for an ingredient list.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Ok cheers lornek8,it was only a small sample. Ok for around 10 feedings.
And they only get feed 3x a week,small amounts.
Not sure if my L134 got any cos my 6 neons went nuts for them.
Will keep an eye on them, maybe email the makers for an ingredient list.
Its not like a single feeding or even a couple should cause too much problems but if it were a food to look at for long-term use then it may be an issue.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
New era have recently started selling pleco pellets which go down very well with mine. I also use the cichlid pellets, the african variety, the american variety and the catfish pellets, depending on what I'm feeding, all go down very well with most of my plecs and corys.