Almond leaves

ambigua

Aug 30, 2010
Canberra Australia
Hi All,

I have read up a bit on Almond leaves as a fellow PP member suggested i should try it on some of my bloating L397 fry.

It seems the Indian Almond leaves are the best type out there. Has anyone feed their fry Almond leaves ? and can fill me in on them, also if they need to be the dried ones or is fresh best ?

Also anyone sell them here ?
How often would you feed them ?
When do you introduce Almond leaves, when they absorb there egg sack ?

Thanks in advance

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
They are more a water conditioner than a food but pleco fry will suck on them.
As they are a import I would think they will be quite expensive in the land of giant hopping mice with big ears

chee78

Mar 10, 2012
South Australia
About three weeks ago, I took a batch of common BN frys away from their parents, put them into a large fry saver, I didn't have any small pieces of driftwood to offer them, so a added a AOL for them to hide under, there were still few days out from feeding still with some egg sack left, now three weeks have past, the AOL is almost completely see through, been also feeding grind up algae wafers and zucchini, just added another AOL today, looks like a great alternative to driftwood for frys.

michael

Mar 19, 2010
Townsville
IAL

We have the trees up here and i have used them with bettas and killifish
only as a water tonic.
Havent tried it as food but worked well with cloudyeye on a peppermint.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i have ordered also through betawan. I have 500 leaves. If you need some let me know and I will send you some, so just PM me for a small cost I will send you them. I use them in the water tank for the exchange water for the Ls.
They do decay after about 8weeks. But are good. cheers jk :thumbup: