Amazing!!

ghent_3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Leicester, England
So today I was just up in my daughters room where a tank was that I have inherited. I have had the tank for 7 weeks and then tonight my eldest daughter says, " Dad, I think I see another fish.."

I moved the bogwood and found a plec underneath, awesome!! Only thing is, I have no idea what it is!! It is about 2" long at the minute and looks a little like a small version of a Flash Plec.It also seems like it has been giving the bogwood a lot of grief, as there are lots of teeth marks on it.

Ideas would be great!!!!!

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hello, I know you all must be excited, however any chance of a pic ? You description is not excactly Sherlock holmes like :lol: If it is a wood eater it more likely a Panaque . Photo and more info needed. Thanks jk :thumbup:

ghent_3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Leicester, England
hello, I know you all must be excited, however any chance of a pic ? You description is not excactly Sherlock holmes like :lol: If it is a wood eater it more likely a Panaque . Photo and more info needed. Thanks jk :thumbup:
Well thank you dear Watson, :clap:. I only found it tonight so will get pics up over the next 48 hours.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
lol, it is amazing, some Ls can survive a long time in BOG wood and some in the dry season even can survive in mud. It is exciting how this fella snuck in and hope that we can ID it for you. cheers jk :thumbup:

ghent_3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Leicester, England
I only caught quite a quick glimpse and the Flash plec description was very rough.Same colours but smaller stripes and the guy that ahd the tank before would not have splashed out on a Flash I don't believe so the Clown plec is a good shout!

ghent_3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Leicester, England
Having now looked at the clown plec on Planet Catfish, I am pretty comfortable that it is defo that!! I have some other fish in there at the moment but I am going to strip down the tank, remove all the other fish in there and get some more clowns I think.WIll probably just have a few small tetras to go with them. Yay, got my first plec set-up going!! the 1st of 3 that is!!!