Any info would be great

jjusttiff

Mar 22, 2012
NSW
Just looking for peoples opinion on these guys.

L333 or L066.

How do you tell?

Got the yellow one (brighter than the rest on right) from guy in syd who said it was L333 and the other two from seller on here, who sold to me as L333.

Sex of the brighter yellow one (on right)is Male, and other two sold as Male and Female.

Im thinking the two on the left are L333 and the brighter yellow one is L066?

Last edited:

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
L066 and L333 are extremely hard to tell apart the only way ive learnt and have heard is by the tail filaments and body shapes but even this i wouldnt 100% rely on. They are so similair its ridiculous and wouldnt advise keeping in the same tabk as they can and will interbreed. L333 have a more rounded tail filament and being a stockier fish whilst the 66's have a forked like tail.

Its extremely hard to tell from pictures.
Hope this helps:)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
all good they are all 333's... common name is yellow tiger... but nowadays you get white variation as well (much prettier IMO) and shades of white/yellow through to yellow... supposidly different bloodlines but im getting white and yellow variations in the one spawn from quite white parents....

100% 333's good to breed if you indeed have both sexes :thumbup:

jjusttiff

Mar 22, 2012
NSW
ok one more question... I have two male and one female, how do i tell the diff? I know the bright yellow one is male for sure.

Will get some pics up :) of the other two