Assassin Snails

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Jeez the shrimp must be stupid!!! :D :D

Assasin snails arn't exactly quick (unless mine are not living up to their name!)

Last edited:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
At feed time they all pile on the food the snails just start eating the food next to them then just kinda get closer and closer then latch on to their backs
A cunning strategy.

One my cat has adopted of late with my food

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I don't believe it - why didn't I see this before I went and threw a couple of assassins in with my baby cherry shrimp last week??? :wb:

Mind you at least I now know what happened!! I bought the shrimp a couple of weeks ago (cost me way over the odds from my lfs) and they were doing fine until I threw in 2 assassins to kill off the snails....within 2 days they were all dead!! Damn those assassins!! :cry:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I don't believe it - why didn't I see this before I went and threw a couple of assassins in with my baby cherry shrimp last week??? :wb:

Mind you at least I now know what happened!! I bought the shrimp a couple of weeks ago (cost me way over the odds from my lfs) and they were doing fine until I threw in 2 assassins to kill off the snails....within 2 days they were all dead!! Damn those assassins!! :cry:
:(

Have you taken them out now?

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I haven't yet as all the shrimp are dead - I might just as well let them kill the snails now. I will if I can manage to get any more!

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i have loads of assassins in one of my tanks, but its still over run with shrimp, how do i get the assassins to target them? lol