Black and White L333 or L66?

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
The wonderful Scribble Pleco.

With the amount of variants, hybrids & scattered imports about right now all you can say with any confidence is it is a lower Xingu Hypan

The L066 was a fish with a large eye and very forked tail and this fish seems to follow that description.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
This Patten/ colour change is some thing I have spent a lot of time studying.
I have noticed in Hypans it’s very much related to food and water conditions.
I had a trio of Lower Xingu Hypans very much along the lines of L400/ L410.
I noticed that as I started feeding meaty food for conditioning they became darker with the silver background / base colour becoming almost white
If I feed a more vegetable based diet the silver returned and the brown / red Patten became much lighter.
Also as I increased the amount of tannin by adding almond leaves and alder cones this became more evident. I have observed this in several Lower Xingu type fish. As for my group of L184, s they seem to change Patten and colour just to confuse me.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Bobs summary of scribble plecs is the most consistant thing about scribble plecs. Carrying on Gee's good work from PF days.

If you got them from Larry, what did he say they were?

dconnors

Aug 9, 2009
Michigan, USA
L333-Alenquer I have some of these same fish from Larry and know where he got them from. I have talked directly to the source...they came in as L333 Alenquer a few years back.