BN breeding questions

matangeva

Jun 17, 2015
israel
Hello guys, My name is Matan and i started BN pleco breeding a month ago,
i crated an separate aquarium for them, had a cycle and decorate it with rocks and
ceramic caves i made myself after watching some article and videos on the net :)

so far so good, cycle is finished and i added male and female inside the aq',
the male almost immediately spotted the cave and made itself comfortable in, while the female was checking out EVERYTHING but the cave...:dk:

now after two weeks i spotted an bunch of eggs drifting in the aq', the male was inside one of the caves and the female was somewhere else, i was happy for the present of the eggs but i was wondering why they'r outside the cave, because it was my first time i took them and separate them into hatchery so they would be unarm, 2 days later they where full of fungus and dead and i spotted another bunch of eggs outside the cave, so i realise that the male must be kicking them out. :(

now it must be something that i made wrong so i need your help guys :>

first: what could happened to make the male kicking out eggs?
how can i solve it??

2. should i do something with the fungus? i mean it's not presents all the time just on the eggs after 2 days, so it's normal or shell i act somehow....

3. couldn't find direct answer, how much time until they try to spawn again.??

thanks for the answers!!

Matan.

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Try tilting the mouth of the cave up a bit. Prop something under it so the eggs aren't so easy to swish out.
Could be you don't have enough current in the tank. Try an internal filter or a power filter. Most of the time eggs fungus if there isn't enough cleaning as in male fanning or say and air stone underneath the eggs in a sieve or egg tumbler to keep the fungus from growing.

matangeva

Jun 17, 2015
israel
Hey there!

I think you answered all of my worries I will do as you say and see how it goes!

Thanks for answer
Matan :)