BN sexing

BristleGoat

Oct 22, 2013
Perth
Hi everyone, I was sold two albino BN and was informed they are brothers but one has quite large bristles that have started to fork and one just has shorter bristles primarily around the lip BUT there are some going up the "nose bridge" (unsure on term)

I was hoping I could maybe get a second opinion, at this stage I'd prefer it to be a she. If different pics are needed I can try to get some better ones when I move it to a different tank soon.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

*edit*
The size of this fish and its brother are roughly the same length, somewhere 10cm long give or take 2cm

Attachments

Last edited:

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Both males mate. The one with more developed bristles would be the dominant one & his brother will develop more bristles

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
any bristles up the 'nose bridge' or watever you'd like to call it in bristlenoses (albino, marble, longfin and shortfin) and peppermint bn immediately means it is a male.

hope u find it a female!

BristleGoat

Oct 22, 2013
Perth
Thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate it. I'll have to check out the others and try to sex them. But at this stage most or all of my larger sized bn are male. I know I've got a few females close to age but they've not put on enough weight just yet

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk