Breeding L066's

johnny70

Technical Support Team
:woohoo: another tank, actually I broke down my Krib tank and now have no normal kribs.

I have set-up a 30x12x15" tank, fluval 305 filter, 100w heater, Koralia 1 power head, slate caves, sand, river stones and a little bogwood and a few Anubais.

Getting a group of L066's (thanks Kev:clap:)from 2 bloodlines so plenty of good blood. Also have a small group of Royal Whiptails (thanks Brian :thumbup:)there and a few apple snails to clean up!

Whips are in and the L066's arrive latter this week.

They are still young so will be a little while for them to get to full size!

Any advice when they are big enough, to get them breeding or is it wait and see??

Sorry about the poor pics, but I would get shouted at if we didn't show any

JOHNNY

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
they will love that set up Johnny :clap: looks great mate, only thing id suggest is maybe get some smaller caves in for them at some point ive found mine like a very tight fitting cave when breeding :yes:

apart from that i didnt do a lot to trigger mine and they were small when they started spawning, probably around 3" total length. Just feed them well and keep the water good. i dont think high flow necessary with them and i keep them in a temp of about 84f.

only other thing mine have been used to is well oxygenated water. the breeding group are in 100L tank running a diffuser on the eheim outlet and also a bubble wans across the back of the tank, and thats about it.

cheers
kev

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Nice set up mate.:clap::clap:

I would leave the caves as they are because by the time the kt,s are into breeding mode then they will fit the caves.

Cheers

thegeeniusman

PS dont forget to feed the special top secret food to them:thumbup:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
i have a selection of caves in mine and as gee said by the time they come to breeding size the caves you have will prob be fine, if not give me a shout and ill get some made up for you

special top secret food is a must :thumbup:

I

intrepidmax

yeah yeah I know ya cant tell me because its a secret but hey what is it lol

bikerman6660

May 3, 2009
N/East UK
I seemed to have read somewhere that waterflow is a good trigger for L066's might be an idea when they are older to direct some flow past the favourite cave

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
I also have a Koralia pump in with my 66s but to be honest they breed if it is on or not. when they first started spawning i didnt have much flow in the tank