breeding pseudas

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
is anyone out there seriously considering breeding? if so, what? as you know due to there size and aggressive nature they're not the easiest things to breed and adult pseudas can be hard to find. i am willing to put fish out on loan for the greater good! trying to breed L25 at mo but also have 2 adult 96, not sure if a pair, suspecting theyre both males. if anyone interested in a swap up, let me know.
also wouldbe nice to have a list of all the aldult pseudas people are keeping on here. thanks in advance guys:clap:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
and there was me expecting a thread saying "my L25's have been sharing a cave for 5 days, and now i have eggs"!!!!
c'mon man, pull your finger out lol.

i have no adults yet:(

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
sorry guys! she escaped later that night! they beat the absolute crap out of eachother! i'll post some pics later. but the male is still in cave and.........well before i jinx it, what does fanning look like? what way should he be facing and what fins does he use?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
lol, he's only small and damned ugly, you wouldn't like him, i'll get some pics up for you soon.
i'll pass on the swap though for nowB-)

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
sorry guys! she escaped later that night! they beat the absolute crap out of eachother! i'll post some pics later. but the male is still in cave and.........well before i jinx it, what does fanning look like? what way should he be facing and what fins does he use?
Fanning - continuous waving of fins - almost like its trying to hover on the spot.
normally the male will be in the cave head first with just the tail visable...

fingers crossed...

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
he was deffo fanning but came out for food and there were no eggs, but at least theyre going through the motions!