Can I get a few more corys?

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
I have 6 C. Sterbai in my 75 gallon aquarium right now along with 4 angelfish and 1 leopard frog pleco. I was hoping that I could add a few more Sterbai's to my tank (either 4 or 6 more, so that I could have a total of 10 or 12). I have a Fluval 405 canister filter AND a Fluval C4 HOB filter on the tank. My tank is fully planted and it has large driftwood. I do weekly 40% to 50% water changes on the tank religiously.

So, can I add 4 or 6 more Sterbai's to my tank? My favorite LFS had a whole bunch of baby Sterbai's in stock, but I thought I would ask your opinions before I went ahead and bought them. I don't want to overcrowd my tank. Also, if I can get some more, I want to qt them. I have a 10g or a 20g for qt purposes. What would I have to do as far as setting up it? Do I need to add sand and decorations or would bare bottom be ok for a month? I know I need a heater and filter :D

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Arletta

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Sounds like it's very well filtered and not heavily stocked at present. I'd certainly add a few more.

I'd put a thin layer of sand in the QT tank just to make them more comfortable. Is your QT tank mature?

Last edited:

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Thank you for your response! I started to get the qt tank ready yesterday :whistle:

Would you put them into a bare bottom tank or would you put sand on the bottom?

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Gem400...I completely missed your post. I must be going blind or something! Thank you though!

I will put a layer of sand on the bottom. The tank isn't mature. It's an empty tank that I keep in my basement until I need it. The filter that I will be using IS mature though. I always keep a few filters running on my other tanks...just in case. This way I always have extra seeded filters if I need them.