Carni's diet

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Ok so a quick search on what to feed your pleco's and you find veggie lists but nothing for the carnivorous pleco's. What can I give my leopard cactus to eat? Doesn't seem to want and of the food I put for the other pleco's.

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Frozen krill
Low fat filet like tilapia
Black worms
Crushed live snails
Frozen mysis shrimp
Frozen red shrimp
Carni pellets
NLS Thera a

That what I fed mine

I'm am against feeding market shrimp or prawn they've been known to be the cause of sudden death syndrome in large predators mainly Datnoids

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
if they are fussy, try rubbing some garlic on the food, this tends to stimulate them. I would only use fresh shrimp if you live near the ocean and can get it yourself. A lot of these now are farmed and different pellets with all sorts of stuff are used in the pellets, that I would not trust them. cheers jk :thumbup:

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Not sure if my leopard is fussy it never is out when the lights are on and him being bout two inches makes him hard to see in the dark. Just wanted more options other then prepared foods.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
My leopards took a long time (many months to years) to get used to feeding in the open, that's been my expereince with all I have owned. They aren't particularly picky, in fact they eat about everything but you just never see them eat. Now they are larger/older they'll come out to eat anytime.

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Yeah that's what I kinda guessed. Only way I even know he is still there is cuz his tail sticks out of his hiding spot

Zoeawar

Feb 6, 2013
Knoxville Iowa
i feed mine zhf carnivore crave pellets and repashy meat pie. they seem to be growing quick. i havent had any breed yet but theyre not big enough to breed. l066 plecos

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
i feed mine zhf carnivore crave pellets and repashy meat pie. they seem to be growing quick. i havent had any breed yet but theyre not big enough to breed. l066 plecos
Whats zhf? and whats repashy meat pie? Never heard of either of them.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Just google repashy. It was mostly foods for lizards and stuff but now its made for fish as well. Heard very good reports on it but so far I haven't seen a supplier selling it in Australia.
I think it comes in powder form you mix up and cook yourself like a soft gel and is freezable for longer life. Try youtube and I think there are videos on it as well.

Zoeawar

Feb 6, 2013
Knoxville Iowa
Repashy is a food that's great for finicky fish it stinks a little but its awesome and zhf is a small company that does all natural fish food in the US

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Repashy is a food that's great for finicky fish it stinks a little but its awesome and zhf is a small company that does all natural fish food in the US
I would understand that a good fish food would be a bit on the stinky side. Thats how a fish normally finds its food specially with catfish.

Here's their page: www.facebook.com/zoeashealthyfish
I like supporting small businesses
Well that kinda bites. I don't got a facebook account. To much drama but things keep popping up that are with facebook. May have to make an account soon. Thanks for this info Zoeawar.

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Oh wow its got allot of protein. Wonder if this would be cool for my firemouth cichlids as well. Thanks again Zoe.

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
Tetra Prima. I'll keep that one in mind. Never tried it before. For the longest time I've only messed with Hikari but now I'm trying new foods.

Zoeawar

Feb 6, 2013
Knoxville Iowa
Yeah its all natural fish food. No Colorado added or any preservatives. Should be fine for your firemouths I feed it to all my carnivorous cichhlids with no problems