cherry shrimp and angel fry

hullfishman

Apr 26, 2009
hull
hi guys a few days ago i had a spawn from my angels so i removed the slate they laid on because my plecs usually eat the eggs, i moved them to a fry saver in the main tank and added an airstone and a couple of cherry shrimp,, anyway some of the eggs hatched, about 35 in total so i removed the slate and just left the wrigglers and the shrimp, when i looked this morning there where only 6 fry left, i then watched as a cherry shrimp picked up a wriggler and started to eat it, it didnt eat the whole thing but the fry did not survive its ordeal. i just wondered if anyone else had ever seen this happen. needless to say i wont be keeping cherries with very small fry again.
dave

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
hi guys a few days ago i had a spawn from my angels so i removed the slate they laid on because my plecs usually eat the eggs, i moved them to a fry saver in the main tank and added an airstone and a couple of cherry shrimp,, anyway some of the eggs hatched, about 35 in total so i removed the slate and just left the wrigglers and the shrimp, when i looked this morning there where only 6 fry left, i then watched as a cherry shrimp picked up a wriggler and started to eat it, it didnt eat the whole thing but the fry did not survive its ordeal. i just wondered if anyone else had ever seen this happen. needless to say i wont be keeping cherries with very small fry again.
dave
I've never this before. Sorry for your loss mate and thanks for sharing this info.