Complete Newbie, Please help with ID

sdleigh

Jan 9, 2011
Barnsley
Hi Everyone,

I am a complete newbie to fish keeping.

I bought a Fish tank and the owner didnt tell me it already came with fish, one of these is a 'Albino' Pleco, well thats what she called it.

I have been reading up on them and they facinate me; never heard of them before last Thursday.

However, could someone please help me I.D this Pleco, and maybe sex if possible from my photos. It is currently about 11" - 12". and the lady who gave it me said it is old, but she got it from someone before me.

Im captivated by it and i want to know how to care for it properly and let it be happy.

Please some one help, thank you :)

Let me know if you need more photos.

pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

sdleigh

Jan 9, 2011
Barnsley
Yup, that look identical to the one i have, been reading up on it, and im going to do my best by it. Yes i have noticed the poo thing! :S what would you suggest i feed it? i have them algae tablet things that i had given with the fish, and the link said mushrooms, but is there anything that they thrive on? treats, best thing to live on etc.?

Thank you for helping!

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
A Good quality algae wafer and Tetra prima and some fresh veggies now and again and you should have no problem....Maybe a prawn as a special treat once a month.