cool weird pic;s

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
hello people

I thougt you may like to see these close of i took of some trumpet snails!! I know its a big 50/50 debate about the good and bad side of these snails or the beauty of them even but these close ups are so weirdly cool!!

:dk:

Attachments

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I like trumpet snails so I am biased lol, they do look cool and kinda weird:yes:

I'm quite surprised sometimes when digging around in the sand about how big they can get, compared to the average brave ones that hang around waiting to be sucked up the syphon of doom( thats how i keep the numbers down)

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
the finger crush - so harsh and messy! I dont have the heart to kill nay of them but every now and then my partner dose a collection of them by picking finger tip and them we put them in the garden!!!! I know what you mena about how big they get! I love them to ,if you hadn't guessed!

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
lol i thought you just crushed them because your like the sqiush! totally makes sense to use them as food!

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
I have mts in all my tanks, I keep them in check by also keeping assasin snails, and the quickest way to clear aload is to use a course mesh net and scoup away then just shake the net whilst still in the water and the sand falls through the mesh leaving the snails. ( A point to remember though is that I then have to check through all the snails to get out any Assasins also netted )