Cory Breathing Rapidly

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
I have 6 C. Sterbai in my 75g along with 4 angelfish and 1 Leopard Frog pleco. Yesterday I noticed 1 cory breathing VERY rapidly and hiding under the plants. I thought maybe it got spooked or something. Today, it's still hiding under the plants and still breathing rapidly. There is no other indication of anything being wrong with it (body color is great, no flashing, no red gills) and the other corys are acting 100% normal, it's just this one cory in particular. My water parameters are: 0 pmm Ammonia, 0 ppm nitrite, 10 ppm nitrate and 6.8 ph. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Thank you for your help!

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Thank you for trying to help! I got a good look at the cory today and it's still breathing rapidly (3 days now) and it looks a bit bloated. I'm not sure if it's consitipated or egg bound. Could I treat with epsom salt?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
can you quarantine this fish in another tank ? maybe bloat . Have you treated with anything ? cheers jk :thumbup:

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
So, I ended up doing a large pwc on the tank yesterday (even though I felt my water parameters were good) and I didn't feed last night. Today, all of the cories look great and are acting normal. I can't even tell which cory was breathing rapidly or bloated anymore :dk: In fact, I was never 100% sure that it was bloated in the first place. It was hard to tell. In any case, I guess a good pwc never hurts. Thank you again for helping!