Cory eggs?

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Found these stuck to the back of my tank today and all over the vallis, are these cory eggs? Only cory I have are sterbai. If they are what do I do with them because once they hatch can't see them making it past my black widows.

Attachments

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
Found these stuck to the back of my tank today and all over the vallis, are these cory eggs? Only cory I have are sterbai. If they are what do I do with them because once they hatch can't see them making it past my black widows.
They are Sterbai eggs. I have a group of 9 in one of my tanks and the eggs are the same.
You would be best to put them into a fry saver with an air stone. ( just watch the black widows don't suck the eggs through the fry saver though)

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
well I have put them in a suitable trap with an airstone and will see what happens. Found a lot more than 9 eggs in my tank most of them I assume hatched as there was a hole in each of them. So I don't know what the hell is swimming around my tank along with all the bristlenose babies.

Thanks for the advice.

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
they will take a couple of days to use up their egg sac then feed with liqifry these grow prety fast Jess. i have 50 + in a couple of tubs and 3 large ones 2 months old at 3/4 "

congratulations
Rob

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
i eat loads of icecream so always have a tub handy:lol: any tub that floats when about half full.

i find a blue 2L walls icecream tub floats well when only filld half way. add a airstone wrapped in filter wool and you have a micro filter.

its all im using and am doing well with it.
do a waterchange on the parents tank and then use tank water for the waterchanges....i can post a little video if u like

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Any help appreciated, yeah post a vid. Too much ice cream would make me sick, I do go through a lot of mayflower chinese curry powder but the tubs are only small. Good for storing food though.

Would asda smart price ice cream tubs do or do they have to be posh walls ones lol.

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
at 2 day old.
[ame="http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk119/rpp1973/sterbai/?action=view&current=P3142987.mp4"]sterbai :: sterbai fry 2 days old. video by rpp1973 - Photobucket[/ame]

and 38 days old
[ame="http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk119/rpp1973/sterbai/?action=view&current=P4160010.mp4"]sterbai :: 38 day old sterbai fry video by rpp1973 - Photobucket[/ame]

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
well I have put them in a suitable trap with an airstone and will see what happens. Found a lot more than 9 eggs in my tank most of them I assume hatched as there was a hole in each of them. So I don't know what the hell is swimming around my tank along with all the bristlenose babies.

Thanks for the advice.
I meant I have 9 adults not eggs. :whistle:

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ok lol right yesterday my head was a bit fuzzy. Sorry if I misread anything or didn't read it or thought I read it. Clear head today.

Thanks for the videos.

I have 10 adult Sterbai in my community tank and lots of eggs, each piece of vallis has about 6 eggs in a group. Probably found about 20 lots look either picked at or hatched but haven't had a proper look.