Couple of scribbles to ID please

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
A couple of plecs to ID please for a friend :D They are quite stressed so bare that in mine but you can see the patterns on them. Plec 1 goes nice and dark with light squiggles while plec 2 doesn't go fully dark but has patches with white squiggles and dots :whistle:

plec 1

plec 2

P

Plecomadman

Plec 2 certainly looks like a juvi 411 with the other a possible 260?...TBH i would go with 411's at a push with them pictures though.

Last edited by a moderator:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
the pics above show the fish in too much stress, impossible to tell properly, i saw another pic of one of the fish above, if you can post it here joby, it'll make it easier for members to see the fish properly

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
the pics above show the fish in too much stress, impossible to tell properly, i saw another pic of one of the fish above, if you can post it here joby, it'll make it easier for members to see the fish properly
This is plec 1 when not stressed

Plec 2 is identical to my 260's for head shape etc but it never goes completely dark and has patches so I believe it to be 411 :thumbup:

P

Plecomadman

L66 variety

Not 411 by a long way

Cheers

thegeeman
I would have to completely disagree with you. The pics at the top clearly even though not good with the amount of stress certainly do not look of the 66 variety.

The new pic however still looks a bit fat and stout (think that's the correct word lol). 66 tend to be a quite slender fish, if anything i would say 333 over 66... however im still not convinced and im not sure whats making me think this?, would a nicely marked L401 be a possibility. Tail shape certainly matches as does the appearance of shape even though the whole fish isn't in show.

The original picture of plec..2, i would almost be positive in saying 411 albeit looks a little snub nosed?.

mquinny123

Aug 13, 2009
Sheffield
Id certainly say 411's, i have over 50 juvis and they look identical, particularly when stressed, it may just be the photo but fish 2 has rather a snub nose as well.