diy tank cabinet

beanyboy1982

Aug 28, 2009
north wales uk
hello all just thought i would share this with you all i used 4x2 timber to make the main frame

then i added the top and shelf

then i added the sides and front and cut the holes for the doors

thhen i added the doors

i added the trim along the top and bottom

now this just needed staining i started to make a lid

i added a half lifting top and some doors

then to finish it off i added the trim

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
Looks great,i will be doing something similar myself soon,for the 5x2x2 that i got for 99p on ebay.Did you draw any plans for this?Or did you do without?If you have plans they could be very helpful for me.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
fantastic job- looking great! wish it was mine- its to good to be witting in your garguage though! respect

iaw

Jun 2, 2011
Penrith
you did a fantastic job mate, i wish you was here i have you building mine ]
Thanks vmate
Have a Great Day
Ian

Craig09

Apr 28, 2009
darlington uk
im going to be cheeky but how much did it cost to make it, as i need a stand for my new juwel rio 300 but im not prepared to pay £200 for just a cabniet so the mrs grandad going to make me 1. and you made a hell of a job there mate looks spot on

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Has to be stronger than my juwel cabinet since that is thinner pieces of mdf but then it is all down to weight distribution and where the supports are. Wood is only as strong as the nails used to secure it together but looks strong. You can stand on an empty can of pop if you balance your weight right.

I notice on juwel tanks their base isn't as wide as the tank just the flat piece of wood on top but fluval romas are the full width of the tank. Wonder which is stronger, juwels certainly seem stronger.