Dj's DIY fry saver

DJ-don

Dec 14, 2009
Canberra Australia
Hey guys

Well recently i just wanted to make a new fry saver by myself to waste time and to provide some more frysavers for my cory fry and bn fry. and after much thought and planning, here is how it ended up.
I just got a 4litre container and then cut out one end of it, and put in one of those carbon holding bags to cover it up to provide water from main tank

Next thing i did was punch two holes at the bottom to allowe me to attach a sponge filter (airdriven) with suction cups to provide some form of filtration and some water circulation

Before

During

After

technically i'm still not done with it because i plan to either silicon the filter to fry saver or using fishing wire just in case i want to take the filter off.
in the end it's a very simple model

All up it only took about 1 hour to make

Thanks
DJ

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Its a good idea but i would have drilled a lot of tiny holes rather than have cut the square out and siliconed that patch on.... I guess its very much a work in progress.

DJ-don

Dec 14, 2009
Canberra Australia
Its a good idea but i would have drilled a lot of tiny holes rather than have cut the square out and siliconed that patch on.... I guess its very much a work in progress.
well i found that all my drll bits at home are too big. I was considering doing it though but the mesh was the best way to go

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
My dad made some with the mesh grid like yours, much better for cory fry that can easily swim out of drilled holes and fry traps. Great job :)