do I carry on the w/c?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I have two in a cave!!:clap::clap:

I was about to do my daily water change and thought I would do a quick check before disturbing them and saw this. I did not want to disturb them so did not dare go in for a better pic - its good enough to see two in a cave!!!

so should I carry on the w/c or leave for a while??

:woohoo:

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Congratulations Irene :clap:

I do normal water changes when they are in the cave, as long as there isn't too much a difference in temperature between the new water and the tank water, they should be fine.

dconnors

Aug 9, 2009
Michigan, USA
I carried out normal w/c with ro water when mine started to cave-this seemed to work as within 3-4 days of the ro w/c I had my first male on eggs! Even after the spawn I did normal w/c-I just made sure my tds didn't change too far from the 140 mark( This was my tds when the eggs were laid and I didn't want it to affect the development of the eggs if the water got too soft or hard, I did this by mixing ro with my well water which is about 400 ppm.) What is your temp and tds?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
thanks everyone, I have been doing cold water changes, just 10% most days , yesterday I left the hearter unplugged for a couple of hours too.
I think these have been in the cave since yesterday as I did not see him in his usual guarding position at front of cave last night.
tank is approx 29 degrees C.
tds is approx 123

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
oh well, practice run... she is back out of the cave. so have done cool w/c and will see if she goes back soon...

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hi, well they are back togther again this morning, so she must have gone in sometime in the night!

He is approx 3-4 years old and maybe 4 cm SL -I am not good at guessing size!!!

not sure which the female is but she will either be same age as him (as have 3 that age I got from Scatz) or a little younger about 2.5 years old which I bought 2 years ago from a breeder.

the waiting is exhausting lol!

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I always carry on with the same regime even when I have a trapping as the fish will be used to it and IMO it wouldnt bother them

Good luck Irene

Cheers

thegeeman