Do your plecs know when its nearly dinner time?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Mine do, about an hour before the lights go out every night, they all start getting pretty active. Around 10-15 minutes before lights go out they get into position ready for the food--sometimes lining up lol.

Sometimes when i put some courgette in, the bristlenoses are on it before i have actually dropped it on the bottom, which can be a bit of a pain if they get underneath it lol.

If i drop a mushroom in for my common plec, he only takes 10-20 seconds now to realise its there and start eating it---lights on or off.:clap:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
My group of L066 are quite amusing. there are no lights on the tank, sometimes there is natural daylight in the room sometimes there is none, regardless of the lighting conditions in the room at approx 8pm everynight all 3 of the females come out to the front of the tank ready for feeding time.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
My common Bn seems to get the idea now when its food time, last night i was running a bit behind and he came out of his cave and i am sure he was looking at me as if to say ok where is it then lol : D

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
When my guy was little,i used a veggie clip for zucchini on the front of the tank to watch him eat,he would hop right on and didn't mind me watching.Now that he's mature,he's not as daring,but waits for me to feed him after the lights are out for a hour.

The new thing i'm doing is when i feed him a wafer,i feed him on the otherside of the tank,away from where his clip usually is,And guess what?he now waits for me on the otherside of the tank when it's wafer day.

I don't see a Rolex in the tank to give him the date??

LOL

:)

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
Our gibby comes to the front of the tank and waits for his dinner wont let me forget :)
The Royals only come out after I've put the food in the tank , I recon the Gibbies are brighter than the average pleco !
Pete

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
oh mine totally know. They all come out to the front and wait. My sucky (plec) will wait at the bottom where I drop his food. Once he hears me talk (yes I talk to my fish) he will come to the front of the glass all fins extended like hes saying hello...

nerdallica

Dec 26, 2009
IL
my fish do. yesterday my bristel nose jump out of the water and onto a slice of zuchnii witch was so hot i burnt myself on it