Other EOI THREADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Recently there has been a substantial increase in EOI threads. Along with this has come a substantial increase in nonsense, ignorant, ridiculing, berrating and smart-**** remarks. These comments are not acceptable and will be deleted as soon as they are seen by staff. Infractions will start to be issued should this continue.

Every member on this forum has the right to sell their fish any way that they choose, whether it be by stating a price or by EOI.

Please respect the sellers personal choice on how they choose to sell their fish.

Remember the saying....If you can't say something nice don't say it all.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello Bre,
Agree, however if a seller states EOI and pls PM them an offer and you do that and then they reply with a silly remark saying that is too low, then that should also be looked at. cheers jk :thumbup:

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
It is a tricky situation.

There are certain items/fish where you cannot determine value by searching through the forums. EOI is meant for these situations. It is not meant for people to hold silent auctions.

Each seller has the option of accepting or rejecting any offer they receive. They may even decide to not sell based on the response they receive. That is their choice.

If you have a problem with the way the seller has responded to your pm, you are able to report the pm simply by pressing the hazard triangle on the top right of the PM, above the sellers location etc. Being crude in PM's can also warrant intervention from admin.

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
EOI

In my EOI i posted pm your expressions of interest I did not say send me a pm saying What will you pay.

One gentlmen said he would pay so much and another person a bit more. I did not ask them to offer me money. I did however tel the person who offered me less that another person had offered me more I did not say how much more. I did not say I would take either offer I said I will contact them when and If I decide to sell and all people who showed an EOI would get first option of the fish if I decided to sell.

To me Expression of interest means I have some fish are you interested in buying them. It in no way is an auction, I would base who I sold to by there reputation, their experience and positive & negative responses from other people on this forum. These can be an expensive fish so I believe they need to go to a good home and if an experienced person who new his stuff about pleco offered me less than a person with no experience I would lean towards the experienced person.

I would want these fish to go to a good home in saying that a person showing passion for pleco and they where new to the hobby I would consider that a good home as everone has to start somewhere. But in saying that I have sold fish to begginers younger members before at a cheap price sometimes a lot less than what I would normally sell for to help them start out in the world of plecos. Two weeks later they are selling the same fish for 3 times what I sold it to them for. Yes they do own the fish and can sell it for what they want but ethically it is wrong.

Two years ago you could buy a fish or sell a fish stress free now it is a task with lots of stress.

I am thinking of getting out of the hobby as I have an illness and no longer can maintain my tanks so Money is not the reason for me selling.
FOR SALE IS FOR SALE EOI IS ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MY FISH NOT DO i HAVE $20 OVER HEAR $40 THEN ANOTHER $100. Auctions should be in auction section not in EOI.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Thanks Henk, It is good to see that there are some honest, down to earth people who remember how the fish keeping business used to be.

I started this thread because of the amount of posts I have been deleting from EOI threads over the past week. The majority of them were berating or crude comments to the seller about their choice of EOI or the seller defending their rights. And with the rise in number of EOI's, this matter needs to be addressed before it gets completely out of control.

I am happy to leave this thread open to hear peoples opinions on the subject for now. If it gets out of control it will be locked.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Maybe we should have an auction site or something similar. I am going through the process of selling some Ls and asked for a price or ONO. So I know my limit for sale etc. Maybe auctions are the way to go because if you wish to buy you put in the offer in the thread. there are so many EOI now that it becomes impossible. cheers jk :thumbup:

blinkywcd

Jun 20, 2010
Sydney
EIO

This is a "FOR SALE" area under the AUS Classifieds, not an EOI page if they want to sell then advertise, if they don't do the research tell people how much they want for the fish and sell them.

If they want an EOI then maybe an EOI page should be set up because I do not wish to waste my time sending a PM and then being told "mate your dreaming" or I have had a better offer above yours but if go a little higher they are yours, tell people how much you want and then people will either purchase or not purchase.

I have purchased alot fish from people on this site with great success, Henk being one of them but i will not reply to an add with EIO. My EIO could be yes interested how much do you want, i have just wasted my time and yours because most of the time you do not even get a response unless you actually place a price in.

At the end of the day this a for sale area not im thinking of selling, If you want to sell put a price or wait till you have made up your mind to sell, then let people know how much you want.

You can delete this comment as well if you like but if people can put in an expression of interest i can certainly put in my Point of view.

An EOI is not someone wanting to sell their fish it just like when someone places their house up for Auction they are generally feeling the water to see if they will get the price they want, if the market is not strong then they just withdraw from the auction, or set the reserve to high.

So tell people how much you want and if the price is right there will be a buyer and maybe with a little negotiation between the two parties a sale will happen

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
This is a "FOR SALE" area under the AUS Classifieds, not an EOI page
Actually the Aus Classifieds is set up to deal with all aspects of buying and selling. It is not just a For sale section. It deals with For Sale, Wanted To Buy and Expressions Of Interest.

You can delete this comment as well if you like but if people can put in an expression of interest i can certainly put in my Point of view.
Actually as I said earlier, we want to hear peoples point of view on the subject.
As long as people can act rationally this thread will stay open.
Posts made in EOI threads that are not in line with the rules of posting in the classifieds will be and are being deleted.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
fully agree with blinkywcd. Even after doing research and putting in an offer, never a reply or one gets a reply that is demeaning from the person who posts the eoi. cheers jk :thumbup:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
If they want an EOI then maybe an EOI page should be set up because I do not wish to waste my time sending a PM and then being told "mate your dreaming" or I have had a better offer above yours but if go a little higher they are yours, tell people how much you want and then people will either purchase or not purchase.
There is no need to have a seperate page, each advert should be clearly marked "WTB" "For sale" or "EOI", so those that dont like the EOI threads dont need to look at them

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
We have come to the decision that all EOI threads will be locked once posted. Please contact the seller via PM in these cases. Remember both sellers and buyers, if you feel harrassed or upset with a PM, you can always report it by simply pressing the hazard triangle above the PM.

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
I long advicated for an Aus fish action site, not sure on how it could be done but would be a great way to get some rarer fish out there. Could generate some funds for P.P in the same way ebay dose as well.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
also agree with Lcrazy idea. Have a seperate thread for different country auctions. State starting minimum price, ask members to bid but openly and then have a closing date and time. It is my view that all people who post EOI have some sort of idea of for how much they wish to sell their items for. cheers jk :thumbup:

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
EOI

EOI is not an auction I don't I don't think some people understand what it means. I know it has nothing to do with auctioning and if people use it as an auction then they are doing the wrong thing.

I have closed my EOI post but I continue to get asked hey what do you want for them? What I want from my EOI post is "hi how are you I am interested in what you have" My reply is thanks for showing an interest and If I do decide to sell I will let you know the price sizes etc before I advertise them for sale. Why would I offer them the fish first because they took the time and showed a expression of interest.

So if you want an auction site then go to e bay maybe or create another section for auctions which is not that easy for people who are abusing the heading. But if you understand the meaning of EOI then it does have its place in the classifieds section.

Have a wonderful day everyone:thumbup: Isn't it cool how these little thumb up smiley's can stay in sync over and over again DAY AFTER DAY OUTSTANDING WORK GUYS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.