feeding L240's

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i have been feeding carnivor pellets, frozen blood worm / brine shrimp / daphnia and plenty of cherry shrimp......

im not in favour of using prawns....

but any other suggestions ?

they laugh at anything vegetable based :lol:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
You could buy a small pot of NewEra in the red pellet. Its a moist soft sort of one. I haven't really fed much of it to my fish yet but they went crazy for the green cichlid veg sort and the first ones out to eat were the vampires so it must be good.
They werent that fussed on the bigger pleco logs so I think it might be the little size of the other stuff they are keen on.
Ageofaquariums has it if you are wanting it freighted, they tend to have cheaper shipping.

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
Are you against all prawns? I catch my own for my fish. I give them the freshwater treatment and then snap freeze for future use. Otherwise I use nls 3mm cichlid pellets.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
thiaminase poisoning has been linked to feeding frozen prawns to some aquatic life...

im still researching this so dont be put off by this... until im finished and have concluded my ideas and thoughts on this....

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
That's me then. The rest are now going to be flathead and bream bait, not risking the fish I have been growing for 4 years to lose them to this. Thanks for the heads up on that one mate. Staple of nls 3mm now.