Feeding Six

Bigfoot

May 14, 2014
Uk
Hey guys

I have 6 small juvenile Zebra plecs in a 100 litre tank - I have had them for approx. 4 months all seems to be well.

I am feeding once per day as lights go out at night, the problem is I don't know how much to feed ?

I am using JBL Novo Granocolor and Brineshrimp.

everymorning the food has disappeared but im just guessing really as to what amount I should be putting in ?

anyone out there help or have any input ?

Thankyou

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
I would imagine you would have to play it by ear. Not all pleco's eat the same amount regardless of them being the same species and size. So I would either increase the food amount and wait till there is evidence that there leaving a bit behind then cut back that little bit or just try checking there health physically. Wait for night time and use a flashlight when there near the front then shine next to them just to get a glance at there bellies. If they got full bellies then there are fine. That's all I can think of without actually chasing them around the tank stressing out the entire group. Just if you check with a flashlight make sure not to shine it in there face aim more toward there tail and you may want to defuse the light somehow so it's not to bright.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Yeah agreed. I wasn't sure either & thought I was under feeding until I realised my cherry shrimp were eating a lot so I got rid of the shrimp plague.
Now the zebs are fat & I only sometimes have left over food that I syphon out
Good luck :)