fish house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

intrepidmax

I am about to build a fish house/shed and use other sites for inspiration and I think it would be nice if this site could give me some inspiration. one of the sites has a full area for fish houses and has some great threads. its not just a photo area for pics of fish houses but full on how they get built, links for cheap insulation, plumbing, lighting

I would love to see other members fish houses and how they have gone about building.

this site is and should be easily the best pleco site on the net and should flick peoples switches, people should come on this site and get excited about plecs. and want to go out and get some. right now I dont think this is happening.

I think we should have something like this.

this is my suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

intrepidmax

Ok my suggestion is that we have a part in this site where we could talk about fish houses past and present with pics and with links.

everyone who has a fish house or owned a fish house at some stage can have input.

here is a link for another site and you can see what im suggesting we have in PP
http://www.oddballexpress.net/forumdisplay.php?f=157

I personally think its a brilliant idea and it seems to work well and also think it would work well not just for a cichlid community but also plecs.

if you dont like the idea then let me know.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
as the site grows, we will adjust accordingly, but at the mo, there are only 2 or 3 posts relevant to fish houses, only one member has put up photo's of their fish house, so it wouldn't warrant us dedicating an entire forum to them just yet, we will see how things pan out in the future

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
id say within the next 6 months to 1 year we will see quite a few fish house builds posting on here. i know of at least 4 planned

I

intrepidmax

see I knew it was a good idea.

and to be honest I think that considering the cost of building a fish house any help would be mostly appreciated by myself and others. especially when it comes to links to things such as cheaper insulation or even the right type of insulation.

I could only imagine what would happen if someone un-suspecting insulated their fish house with rockwool......it would be an expensive mistake considering it would all have to be ripped out within the year and replaced.

another thing is electrics......turns out there is very few people that know anything about electrics (apart from smithRc) and I would say most tropical tanks would need electrics somewhere along the line.

the whole thing about a fish house is meticulous planning....people like me rush things and then change them over and over.....and eventually get it right....again costly.

but if I had some good planning and studied others ideas then maybe....just maybe it might for once go alright.

smith please port over your posts I would love to read them....(again)

regards
mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.