Flickr photo issues

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
When I embed a photo from flickr on a thread, they show fine on the preview then don't show when i post the thread, any idea why?

It is my photo hosting site of choice these days, it's not possible for people to download the photos like you can from the gallery here or with photobucket.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
No i get a black box with flickr photo sharing that says unknown error, like below

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/56252477@N02/6065860002/"]DSC_0661pp | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6065860002_abca9cf014_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6065860002@@AMEPARAM@@abca9cf014[/ame]
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/56252477@N02/6065860002/"]DSC_0661pp | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6065860002_abca9cf014_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6065860002@@AMEPARAM@@abca9cf014[/ame] by thisisrobbo, on Flickr

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Ok, when you click on the link in the bar above where the photo should be, it takes you to the image. I'll have to look into it further tonight when I'm on the computer and not phone.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Thanks Boss lady, confuzzles me why it appears perfectly in the thread preview.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
just testing your link out

beautiful photography

no not working but great photos

I have used flickr a lot and you should be supplied with bb code. I had problems on this site before but it worked by removing all the links to flickr and only using the image link with
around it.

I tried testing your link but maybe the permissions wont work for me. If you do it that way you should only get a plain image on the post.

Last edited:

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I know I used the same method as you on PFK and it worked by enabling the photo to be a link to my flickr site and creating a link underneath the picture to my flickr site. I tried that on here and it never worked. Will only show pics if I remove all the link tags that link to my flickr site.

Last edited:

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
ok that works, Lisa i'll just use that as a work around, don't bother getting into the techy stuff.

odd though

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
you could separate the code and add the link to your flickr site at the bottom of all your images.

Is a little annoying I suppose.

Why does it bring up a box like that for some links, it does it for wikipedia too. Really strange.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
nef a strange on god bless P bucket Even I can use it
I have used photobucket and much prefer the look of flickr. I think flickr is a much better hosting site and is aimed at more professional photography rather than just a photo hosting site. I found photobucket problematic sometimes when trying to upload but flickr brilliant. You can place the flickr uploader program direct to your comp so when you go into the folders on your computer you can right click and send pics straight to flickr without even logging into it.

As far as I know photobucket must work because you will only be copying the img code and not any links within it. I really hate the look of photobucket.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Glad you found a work around but it still shouldn't happen. Had a look at some vb forums last night for help but didnt find much info. The box round it is a program called ame for vbulletin forums, its mainly for embedding videos as you can't on vbulletin without enabling html code which is supposed to be a security risk. I'm pretty sure that ame is interfering with photos and causing this problem, so im going to look into that. We also have problem with the new youtube short link, pretty annoying:wb:

Edit to add
Think ill have to open a flickr account to troubleshoot with