Fluval EDGE

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Feel free to move this admin if its in the wrong place.

What do you guys 'n' gals think of this then? obviously not for plecs but hows about a low maintainance planted and shrimp tank? i personally think it looks the bees knees but having thought about it (as you do when your driving a bus full of old grannies) quite a bit it does seem a little gimicky. i have seen one in the flesh and although it does have an access hatch as it were it would be difficult to get to the front of the tank. My local MA have one set up too with danios and it looks good but not sure for how long. your thoughts would be interesting
http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/addinfo/fluval_edge.cfm

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Well, as you said, Gimmicky. It does look good, and perhaps for shrimp it would be ok. It says suitable for Betta Splendens, but being a labyrinth fish (surface breather) and a bubble nest builder, I don't think this is a suitable application. Also as far as cleaning, planting, etc..I think it would be a real pain to get your hand in to do it, as well as where is the displaced water going to go? Up that narrow opening? IMHO it looks good from far, but far from good.
Cheers
Stan

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I'd have a silver one with shrimps and plant on my desk at the office for sure

indigoj

May 3, 2009
Bury, Lancs
The bit in the middle allows the fish access to surface oxygen apparently.

I saw one set up in BAS at the weekend with some white cloud mountain minnows in and it did look fantastic.