Food for vacation

BBruce

Jul 22, 2010
Brazil
I will travel for 16 days. A friend can come to my home each 3 days to feed then, but today I was thinking if I also should buy some holiday food.

I think the best is not using this holiday food, but what do you usually do ?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
thanks for this. As you have vegie eaters and omnivors, I would say feeding every 3 days should be fine. I would rather underfeed than feed to much and spoil the water. I would suggest that your friend who feeds every 3 days, just feed enough and does not compensate for feeding more as it is 3 days between feeds. I would only feed pellets and not fresh vegies, as if your friend is not there they will rot and spoil the water. It would be interesting what other think, but 3days feeding should be fine for 16days. That is my view and if they were my fish I would also do this. The only thing maybe would also to do 3days before a 40% water change and then again 1day before holiday do another 40% water change. cheers jk :thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I go an buy those little stackable craft containers, the clear sort from $2 shops. I divvy up the food for each tank and put the container on or near the tank.
The fish minder comes and just add one section and its done.
Does save the overfeeding as your 'pinch' might be a lot different to his 'pinch'.

I would also feed a lower protein food as if its only fed every 3 or 4 days they are likely to smash it and gorge themselves. You don't want bloating happening.

Panaques, toss a bit of sweet potato in. Keeps them amused for days and days lol.