Fungus treatment?

dirt

Feb 10, 2010
Norway
I tried taking pics, but not an easy task. However...some have fungus on their fins - some covered on the thinest part only. Some have fungus on the spinal, and some on the nose - and some have several places on the back etc.
Not all fish in same tank either, so i guess the overall condition for the sick fish was kind of bader than those who looks healthier.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Id keep an eye out for ich or another ailment, fungus is usually a secondary problem, but as said primafix and melafix should help.

If you decide to try any other meds, let us know beforehand as some are pretty harsh on fish especially catfish.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
The areas you mention have probably been injured through fighting or the fish being spooked. The pectoral rays and back wounds im guessing are from fighting. Especially seeing as the fish in the photo is a Leporacanthicus or pseuda. I have seen first hand fights between two "spiny" plecs and they go for the back. They have a nasty set of teeth on them too that could cause some damage.

Mix fighting with stress and the fishes immune system will be shot to bits, hence the fungus.