glass tank dividers

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
i have a few tanks that i am thinking about dividing into 2, just wondering if anyone else has done this before and if so how easy it is and what tips do you have?

there are a few places local to me that can supply and cut glass to your required dimensions. Is it as simple as getting the glass cut to size and then sealing it with aquarium sealent :dk:

strap

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
I would imagine it is.Although,do you want them divided as seperate tanks?I know a lot of people on the betta forums just stick plastic dividers in and have just the 1 heater and filter running all the sections.Have a look on "betta paradise" theres quite a few posts on dividers there.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
I would imagine it is.Although,do you want them divided as seperate tanks?I know a lot of people on the betta forums just stick plastic dividers in and have just the 1 heater and filter running all the sections.Have a look on "betta paradise" theres quite a few posts on dividers there.
seperate tanks with there own heaters and filters, ive used tank dividers before like that and didnt get on with them so im looking for a permenant glass divide

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Its as easy as empting the tank wait for it to dry and then silicone some glass into the middle of the tank. Not anything else to be said really:D.

Cheers

thegeeman

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Its as easy as empting the tank wait for it to dry and then silicone some glass into the middle of the tank. Not anything else to be said really:D.

Cheers

thegeeman
thought so, just wanted to check before i think about doing it :yes:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Kev

easy I am sure you have seen mine

If you in need of a hand I can give you a bit of help

I use two house bricks to hold the glass in place then a few dabs of silicon and when its dry bricks out and do the rest

I

intrepidmax

Kev
this is a really easy job. especially if your having the 2 tanks seperate. when I do it I just slip the glass in and silicone....I dont use the bricks. but I do lay the tank on its side and do it that way. I wouldn't use the suckers. I have done this in the past and the suckers fell out and the fish in one tank ate the fish in the other and it was pure carnage.

however. Here is a really good idea......and I totally love this.
In some stores they sell a plastic long thing that holds sheets of paper together. now these plastic things are cheap. Sorry I dont know what they are called. but they are long thin plastic with a grove in the middle.

So what you do with these is run them down one edge of the divider (run down 2 if needed) and then all you do is place the glass in and this will form a seal and it will keep the glass upright and in place. removal of the divider is easy ....just give it a punch in one side and it will pop out. easy non permanent divider. and works a treat.

hope this helps.