Hagen announces launch of Fluval G filter

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
£299.99 and £349.99. one for each tank please, i really cant see many people buying one of these at these prices.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
i think a lot of the comments said it all, overpriced shiny gimmik, flow drop-off meter? i can see when the flow has dropped, w/c monitor? i do it weekly. its very stylish yes, but for the most its going to spend its life in a cupboard and even if left on show will soon be covered in crud, unless your sad enough to polish your filter casing. as mentioned above, for the money i'd expect a UV and heater at least. Best news is that with a new arrival all older models will slowly drop in price so FX5's should be affordable in a couple of years, though to be fair i'd still like to move over to Eheims. Sorry Hagen "Fail"

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
i think a lot of the comments said it all, overpriced shiny gimmik, flow drop-off meter? i can see when the flow has dropped, w/c monitor? i do it weekly. its very stylish yes, but for the most its going to spend its life in a cupboard and even if left on show will soon be covered in crud, unless your sad enough to polish your filter casing. as mentioned above, for the money i'd expect a UV and heater at least. Best news is that with a new arrival all older models will slowly drop in price so FX5's should be affordable in a couple of years, though to be fair i'd still like to move over to Eheims. Sorry Hagen "Fail"
I totally agree, But I am looking forward to the FX5 becomming cheaper.