Hello to you all

Choffman

May 4, 2009
Kansas
Hello everyone,
I was recommend this site so I figured I would join up. :hi:
Right now I have 8 tanks running and many more empty. I have a fish room, used to be my guest bedroom but who cares about guest when you have fish. :ton:
As far as plecos go i have 6 L-144 longfins that I'm growing out and going to try to breed. They are growing pretty fast, I'm giving them super clean water and lots of good food. They are around 2" or 2 1/2 inches now. Hopefully they will start getting some bristles so I can see who is male and female.

My hemichromis lifalili just spawned today so I'm sure I'll be having some babies pretty soon. I have tanks that range from 10gallon to 120 gallons. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I can. Nice to meet you all. :yes:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
:welcome:

The longfins shouldn't be difficult to get to breed. My L144 have happily bred in high ph, hard water:yes:>They takes ages to grow up though.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
G'day :welcome: to PlecoPlanet

Longfins are pretty easy to breed, just takes them longer than your standard variety to grow them up. Our longfins seem to grow at around half the rate of the standards.

Choffman

May 4, 2009
Kansas
Thanks for such a warm welcome.!!..I'm looking forward to getting to all of you a little better. Good to know L-144's are easy to breed. I'm a newbie with plecos. they are my first so the easier the better. This seems like a great site. I'm sure I'll love it.