HELP 8.5/9 002 I THINK FEMALE

crusaders

Mar 26, 2011
MELBOURNE
i first thought male and had in diff from rest but as cleaning tank i saw he/she slope from head to back fin then little fat belly slope to end tail i thought male slope's all way down from head to tail there is little hair on back but in tank with no other 002 so would'it it hav lot more hair on his back being dom in tank cheers andera

Phenomena

Jul 12, 2010
Sydney
Very hard to tell, the pics are too blur. Best to take from above as bigbird mentioned. Nevertheless, I am leaning towards a female.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
these are very difficult fish to sex.
I have a mature adult female and two male LDA01. which are very similar fish and hard to tell apart, may even be the same species. Mine have been breeding for some time now.
I can tell the males for certain when they are full of hair - they have more hair than yours i think -diff to tell from your pics. and i can only tell the female when she is gravid, but the males can get very chubby too.
try taking pics under the water with a flash because thats the only way to get a clear view of how much body hair their is. (out of the water the hair is flattened against the body.)

crusaders

Mar 26, 2011
MELBOURNE
mmm i hav a trio breeding at moment i had 6 and sexed 2f 4m put the 2f/1m in tank other 3m in 3 diff tanks this 1 was in 4x2x2 with pepps/ 201/alb/geo/s all fry had 3 caves in there never see it in 1 cleaned out tank and saw it had very little hair on back would think now in tank as only 002 and biggerst fish that it be showing lot more hair and also the body slope's down from back of head to back fins then pops out a bit then slope's down to tail lol look forwould to yea thoughts AND SORRY ABOUT PICS i can't take a good pic for the life of me but will try get more