help sexing my L134

leopard frog

Oct 11, 2013
Toowoomba
Alright I bought these L134 as a 3y/o pair not bred yet from some one in Toowoomba. she bought them off Les on the sunshine coast as a breeding pair. But I am sceptic the smaller one seems to have a bit of hair and has a very slim body. I feel as if I need to find a female but it's a lot of money and hard to find. I would love if some other people can judge the sex for me.
Attached is a couple of photos
Thanks heaps

Attachments

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
sorry the photos are not clear and sharp enough when enlarged. any chance for some clear shots ? What worries me is that the larger one has hairs as does the smaller one. Look at the vent, usually the female vent has yellow/orange dots around it. cheers jk :thumbup:

leopard frog

Oct 11, 2013
Toowoomba
I don't have a camera good enough tried three different cameras n these are the best I could get sorry. The suspected female only has slight hair no signs of orange though :( it's just to hard or expensive to buy another female just to be sure thanks for trying though

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Based on my females (who had bred by about 8cm from memory) you should be able to tell a definite sex by now unless the smaller one is a male & has masked it's sex due to the larger more dominant one. Do they both cave? Any fanning?
It's very difficult to tell without photos & wish I could help you more

leopard frog

Oct 11, 2013
Toowoomba
No fanning yet larger 1 is in a cave but the other is no where near either cave so yeah there is 2 caves I will try n borrow a better camera so vent is the only real way to tell?

leopard frog

Oct 11, 2013
Toowoomba
Well that's little relief I'm going thru the steps to get them to breed adding. Blackwater extract now daily dose of a few ML and seeing if there is any fanning the only other occupants in the tank is a few guppy I will be happy with fanning

raybanger

Jul 9, 2010
brisbane
I would separate them, if the other one is male( and by them photos it is)
By separating them it will show, also check the vent, females will show some yellow spots around the vent, very few don't

leopard frog

Oct 11, 2013
Toowoomba
Just got a second opinion and their is a tiny bit of yellow next to her vent is that enough it's only a very small amount so hopefully that's enough