Help sexing my L333's

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
Just wondering if anyone can confirm male and females amoungst this group?
They range in size from 8-11cm
Sorry about the photo quality

Last edited:

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
Grab the middle two in the bottom shot and start breeding as the female is quite gravid.
I am guessing as not all the fish are posed well but think 4males/5females.
Oh Ok.. does that mean she will lay eggs or do they dispose of them some other way?

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
they lay eggs in a cave, do you have any ? How big is your tank ? What filters do you have.
cheers jk :thumbup:
Yes i have 3 caves. They are in a 6 ft tank with 2 x 2217 ehime filters. Should i move them to a smaller tank? I have a 2 foot tank i can use?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
some of each for sure. you could try moving just one male and one female into the 2 ft tank. (with cave and good water flow.)
good luck

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
Ok i have put the two that brengun mentioned in a two foot tank. Now i will just wait and see how they go. I will keep you posted!
Thanks

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
It may take a little while as mine get a bit upset when I fiddle with them but once they are all settled in they should breed for you. You never know they might just breed in a couple weeks. Plecos can be mysterious critters.

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
Sexing my L333's (updated pic with numbers)

i have numbered the L's and thought it may be helpfull for us uneducated if someone could have a go at sexing them by number and perhaps detail what indicates male or female

sactler

Apr 21, 2010
Sydney
Well after 9 months i have my first batch of fry.. And another pair have started breeding.. I dont know what i did or why but 2 pairs have started breeding all of a sudden. :)