hey everyone! pleco recommendations ?

ferandrade

Jul 15, 2022
hey everyone im new here..
ive been wanting to keep l numbers for a long time but I haven't made the move yet.
I have a 12 gallon long aquarium with 8 corydora habrosus about 1 inch each and I have been able to breed them , the tank measurements are L x W x H: 35.5" x 7.9" x 9.9" ( 90cm x 20cm x 25cm ). I have about ten long pieces of manzanita wood , sand substrate , botanicals , java ferns , and pothos on the top.
I am looking for an L number that can be housed here comfortably. I don't know if I could even do more than one that would be great.
any recommendations ? ive been looking at the L471 , L134 , L340 , L129.

Julz

Jul 3, 2018
Park Ridge
Hey there!

That's a small tank, only about 40-45 litres. What kind of filtration do you have on it? (cannister filter, internal filter?). depending on your filtration I would say that you might be bale to put 1-2 plecos in there but to be honest, the 8 Corydoras might be the only thing i would put in there and maybe some guppies or some small fish but not too many.

Reactions: johnbetta397

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
the corys would be your only option if your wantting bigger plecos then u will need a bigger tank depending on what pleco you choose the common bristle nose can get to 13 cm once fully growen so would need a good size tank on the larger scale the sailfin pleco can get to 30 to 40 cm