Hi and could u please sex my Tiger Pleco?

Bluegills

Feb 19, 2011
Kent
First off hello.. New to the forrum and new to fish keeping. Got a Rio 125 tank nicely furnished and all set up. Ive got a Pleco L002 Tiger Pleco and I need to know if its male or female as I intend to breed them. Im at work at moment and only way I can upload a picture is by using my Blackberry on Photobucket... If u could please please take a look n share me ur thoughts I would be so greatful as I intend on collecting another 3 L002's weekend...

Heres the link to my Photobucket. The name is "newboyaustin" and the password is "1234567" ur see my beauty of a fish which is diffenetly my favourite.

http://photobucket.com/guestlogin?ho...ewboyaustin/

Thanks in advance.

Joe

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK

I think yours is a little too small at the mo to sex properly, but if i were to guess i'd say it was likely a male, it seems to be showing signs of being "hairy" enough.
Get the other 3 anyway, they are great little plecs, and i'm sure you'll end up with a pair out of them, and even if not, i dont doubt that we can find you more

Bluegills

Feb 19, 2011
Kent
Thans alot, I first thought it was a Female but I dont know much.. Yh i think im gonna get the other 3. If im after info about getting caves etc can I post in this thread or do I have to start another thread?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Thans alot, I first thought it was a Female but I dont know much.. Yh i think im gonna get the other 3. If im after info about getting caves etc can I post in this thread or do I have to start another thread?
you can post here, but if its a more general question, it may be worth starting another thread, more people may look at it.
good luck with them, they are a great looking plec.
Take a look through the breeding logs, you can see how others have their tanks set up to breed L002/LDA01

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
lol, welcome to fishkeeping. Males are always in abundance when it comes to plecs. They are easier to catch in the wild, they sit in caves, and the fishermen, just reach in and grab them whereas females are always hiding under bogwood etc, the minute they are disturbed, they bolt for the next "hidey hole"

Bluegills

Feb 19, 2011
Kent
If i dont get a female. im gonna purchase a plane ticket, a snorkle and a harpoon n get one that way lol. corr no kidding thou, males everywhere